Saturday 27 October 2012

Winter Training Outside, yes, outside - Kona Singlecross

After months of my long suffering - and by now deeply concerned - mother holding the webcam in front of her gleaming frame (just so I coould check the geometry, you understand!)... the Golden brown Kona Major One Single cross and I are reunited - thanks to www.Germanwings.com and with a grudging smidgen of gratitude to the lady manning the check-in at Manchester Airport!

Without further ado... here she is:-
SRAM cranks, brakes & hoods. Mavic rims. Vittoria tubs. Sigh. I never dreamed I'd  own a  winter steed like this,
Getting a pair of solid clinchers made by Frank Esch (former German cyclocross champ'.) www.esch-bike.de
Chris King headset, Thompson stem, Zipp carbon bar (may swap this with the Deda on the Serotta. Sealed cables too.
Thompson seatpost, Fizik Arione saddle. A very comfy cockpit.
Double single-speed cogs - a very nice touch. 
As soon as Herr. Esch has finished giving her the once over I shall be hitting the 100's of km of trails surrounding our little village of Neunkirchen-Seelscheid. The cheap but tough clinchers he's building will be flip-flop.. oh, to ride fixed again... I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment